When it comes to building a referral only practice, you want to attract prospects and build client relationships by making two intertwined connections. You want to make a value connection and you want to make a personal connection. Both are necessary, though the mix of the two may vary from client to client.
In this episode, Referral Coach Bill Cates is joined by Tyson Vines, Founder & Financial Advisor of V Financial Partners, to talk about his process for attracting and winning new clients and building highly referable relationships with them.
Tyson and Bill discuss:
- Tyson’s commitment to a referral only practice – and how he nets an average of 3.5 referral prospects per week!
- Two tragic events of Tyson’s life, and how he connects these stories to his client acquisition process.
- His “secret sauce” for creating advocates that provide great unsolicited referrals.
- Tyson’s mission to change the wealth management industry.
- The core values that guide his referral only business.
- How he tackles the “dreaded” conversation around fees & commissions.
- …And more!
- Top Advisor Podcast Ep. #25 – How Your Personal Brand Story Helps Attract New Clients with Deirdre Van Nest
- Ep. #7 – Build a Successful Business Operating By Referral Only with Diana DeFrate CFP®, CLU® and Katriina Paavola CFP®
- Tyson’s Story Video: www.TysonStory.com
Connect With Bill Cates:
- Referral Coach Homepage
- Hire Bill for Coaching
- Enroll in The Cates Academy™
Connect With Tyson Vines:
About Our Guest:
After a strong Wall Street career helping sovereign wealth funds, pensions and private banks globally, Tyson Vines wanted to own a financial planning practice. He founded V Financial Partners in 2012 with the mission to care for people and their businesses through personal finance and increase financial literacy in an enjoyable, open and honest way.
Tyson’s father passed away when he was in college. Caring for his widowed mother was the top priority. The moment they met a financial adviser, emotions calmed, and comfort flowed with a sound financial plan of investments and insurance solutions.
Tyson believes everyone deserves an institutional Wall Street experience. Leaning on his global investment experience navigating the world’s largest investors through the Great Recession, V Financial Partners aims to deliver the same heightened experience to everyone. V Financial Partners offers stability and confidence to their clients.
For six years, prior to establishing his practice, Tyson was a Global Consultant Relationship Manager with Victory Capital Management, an investment management subsidiary of KeyCorp. He also worked as a sell-side equity and investment banking associate with KeyBanc Capital Markets.