Digital marketing for financial advisors can be an overwhelming and/or confusing topic for many.
Financial advisors are often challenged by what marketing strategy is right for them, how to communicate their value, and what outside resources might be right for them.
Can you relate?
While Bill Cates is the recognized expert and supreme advocate for growing through referrals and personal introductions, there are certain tactics and strategies in the world of digital marketing for financial advisors that shouldn’t be ignored.
This is a Case Study Episode of Top Advisor Podcast.
In this unique episode, Referral Coach Bill Cates interviews Stephen Beach, Co-Founder of Craft Impact, about their work with Burney Wealth Management. They discuss Burney Wealth’s marketing struggles prior to working with Stephen, and how he and his firm helped them develop effective messaging, a results-generating website, and greater overall clarity in their marketing. All of this work has served as a turbo charger to the referral culture Bill had already helped Burney Wealth develop and implement.
Bill and Stephen discuss:
- Why a website can be a financial firm’s most important digital asset along with some specific, implementable strategies.
- Why Burney Wealth decided to offer a sample financial plan template to visitors of their website and how this strategy has exceeded their expectations.
- Craft Impact’s approach to messaging, including internal workshops using the StoryBrand framework and external interviews with clients.
- The importance of messaging on a website, specifically the banner, and how it should be emotionally appealing to potential clients.
- The definition of cognitive fluency and Stephen’s method of helping advisors explain their process in a visual manner.
- The importance of providing relevant information, checklists, or other tools valuable enough that potential clients are willing to submit their contact information on the website in order to receive them. (Often called, “Lead Magnets.”)
- …And more!
- RapidFire Referrals
- Burney Wealth Management – Website
- Email Bill to get the guide on how to build a radically relevant website email@example.com
Connect With Bill Cates:
- Referral Coach Homepage
- Hire Bill for Coaching
- Enroll in The Cates Academy™
Connect With Stephen Beach:
About Stephen Beach:
Stephen Beach co-founded a growth and communications agency for a few reasons, among them: to create a successful company that offers employment opportunities, to be a role model to his son, to grow from the challenges of creating a sustainable business, and to help other small and medium size businesses grow their revenue and teams through inbound marketing.
After graduating from the University of Notre Dame and working for a large pharmaceutical advertising agency, Stephen knew he wanted to create a new kind of marketing agency- one with fresh ideas, personalized support, and proven ROI without the big agency prices and overhead.
Stephen continues to be a Notre Dame college football fan despite attending the university during the underwhelming Charlie Weis era and the more recent years of disappointment. He loves golf, craft beer (of course) and traveling with his wife, and being a father to his children Auggie, Lola, and Oakley.