“Outspoken” “Controversial” “Disruptive”
These are some of the words that have been used to describe Sara Grillo.
Sara’s on a mission to help advisors rise above the platitudes and sameness they use to describe the valuable work they bring to their clients.
In this lively interview, Bill and Sara discuss 2 important (but often overlooked) marketing strategies for financial advisors – the concepts of transparency and brevity – and how to use those concepts in communicating your value.
Some of the highlights of this interview…
- Sara’s challenge to advisors to define the term financial advisor in one sentence without using the words goals, financial, or plan – and why this is important.
- How advisors can distinguish themselves from others through transparency.
- Why financial advisors should master brevity and examples on using her 2-Sentence LinkedIn Message Formula and her 2-Sentence Elevator Pitch Formula for better concise and highly effective communication.
- Excerpts from Sara’s 17-Point Self-Assessment advisors can use to measure their ability to communicate with authenticity and brevity.
- A powerful perspective on why and how financial advisors can use their knowledge and skills to unify people around shared values and family-oriented practices.
- Plus other key marketing strategies for financial advisors.
Connect With Bill Cates:
- Referral Coach Homepage
- Hire Bill for Coaching
- Enroll in The Cates Academy™
Connect With Sara Grillo:
About Our Guest:
Sara Grillo, CFA, is a financial advisor, marketing consultant, and financial services keynote speaker focusing on LinkedIn lead-generation strategies for wealth management, investment management, financial planning, and RIA firms. All actions taken by Sara Grillo are governed by a professional code of ethics.
Before her current role, Sara Grillo worked as a financial advisor at Lehman Brothers. She holds a degree from Harvard University and pursued her Masters at NYU Stern School of Business before obtaining her CFA designation.
Sara Grillo is renowned for her outspoken and disruptive perspective on the unethical practices prevalent in the private wealth industry. She specializes in helping ethical financial advisors transparently attract wealthy clients. Her financial advisor marketing strategies prioritize simplicity, honesty, empathy, and high ethical standards over questionable methods. This is how she assists financial advisors and private wealth managers in areas such as marketing, branding, and lead generation.