“Targeting niche markets for financial advisors” is a common theme these days. Are you sick of hearing that? Do you have a well-defined niche market?
Are you casting too wide a net in your marketing efforts? Could you benefit from a narrower target or adopting 2 narrow targets rather than one large target?
When you find the right market for you, almost every aspect of client acquisition becomes easier and more effective. Your messaging hits the bullseye in the brains of your prospects and wakes them up to how you might be of value to them.
In this episode, Bill Cates interviews Russ Thornton, founder and principal of Wealthcare for Women. Russ explains the benefits of focusing on niche markets for financial advisors and how he found success in serving women in their pre-retirement age.
Discover how Russ maintains extremely high client retention and the ways in which he uses blogs and podcasts as effective tools for building relationships with clients.
This episode is a must-listen for financial advisors looking to grow their businesses and better serve their clients.
Bill and Russ discuss:
- The inspiration behind Russ’ decision to specialize in serving affluent women, particularly those nearing retirement.
- How focusing on a narrow niche has made Russ’ messaging much more effective in attracting his ideal clients AND generating unsolicited referrals.
- Why he considers his financial planning services as the “central nervous system” of the relationships he builds with clients.
- An inside look into his use of blogs as a tool for connecting with clients and sharing his expertise.
- Bill Cates’ perspective on the benefits of targeting niche markets for financial advisors. How narrow is too narrow?
- …And more!
Connect With Bill Cates:
- Referral Coach Homepage
- Hire Bill for Coaching
- Enroll in The Cates Academy™
Connect With Ross Thornton:
About Our Guest:
Russ Thornton is the founder and principal of Wealthcare for Women, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. For almost 30 years, Russ has been delivering personal financial advice to clients and families. For instance, he has guided countless women to prepare for retirement, take care of their families, protect their wealth, and, most importantly, live life to the fullest.
When he was young, his mom went through a divorce and what she needed was someone in her corner to help her navigate financial uncertainty and look out for her best interests.
As an adult, he devoted his career to helping women like his mother. That’s why he started Wealthcare for Women to empower them to make financial decisions that enable them to live comfortably without having to worry about money.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed