To say that people have an emotional relationship with money would be an understatement!
While you may be a CFP, or a ChFC, or any number of the many certifications available in this industry, perhaps the most important thing you could do to serve your clients is obtain an PhD in psychology. (Smile)
Today, my featured guest and I are going to talk about some of the emotions both YOU and YOUR CLIENTS have around money – especially when the market and/or the economy are sagging or volatile.
Much has been written about the beliefs and emotions around the relationship with money that our clients bring with them, and its impact on the work we do.
That being said… YOUR beliefs and emotions around money will shape your thoughts, decisions, and ADVICE. For you and for your clients, these beliefs and emotions are often unconscious, but need to be considered in order to create the best possible plans and recommendations for your clients.
Your clients bring their money stress to you. How you receive that stress, how you handle your own money stress, and the energy you bring to youe client meetings can help you build the strongest possible client relationships.
In this episode, Referral Coach Bill Cates interviews Ellen Rogin CPA, CFP®, Abundance Activist, Financial Intuitive, and a New York Times best-selling author. This interview is an exploration of how your clients’ emotions and beliefs interact with your own emotions and beliefs – to either reduce or increase client stress.
Bill and Ellen discuss:
- The biggest mistake advisors make during client meetings.
- A study that demonstrates that when a client is fearful about their money, their IQ goes down, along with their capacity to make intelligent decisions.
- The emotional aspects of people’s relationship with money, and how it affects both advisors and clients.
- Why a down or volatile market can be the best time for acquiring new clients.
- How most advisors stay on the surface with their clients when digging a little deeper will serve both the client and the advisor.
- Why advisors should regularly check in on clients’ fears and concerns to provide ongoing support and reassurance.
- Why advisors need to bring intentional energy to their client meetings.
- How advisors can thrive and grow their businesses during economic downturns.
- The benefits of practicing gratitude, such as lower stress, longer life, better health, and increased income.
- How your acts of generosity can reduce stress and attract more business.
- …And more!
Connect With Bill Cates:
- Referral Coach Homepage
- Hire Bill for Coaching
- Enroll in The Cates Academy™
Connect With Ellen Rogin:
About Ellen Rogin:
Ellen Rogin is a money expert and financial intuitive who helps people transform their relationships with money so they can have happier, more abundant lives. Her book, Picture Your Prosperity, was a New York Times bestseller, and her work has been featured on CNBC, ABC, NPR, TIME, and Oprah Magazine.
As a CPA and CFP®, Ellen worked for many years as a traditional financial advisor before selling her successful wealth management firm. She now combines her intuitive abilities and financial experience to connect with the energy of money and deliver “Messages from Money” to her clients. Sounds weird? It did at first to Ellen, too! Yet people worldwide have found her understanding of their relationships with money to be uncanny.
Ellen’s consultations help people gain insights on how to grow their businesses, expand their wealth, and bring an increased sense of peace around money. She is also a sought-after speaker and has trained and coached thousands of conscious financial advisors and entrepreneurs worldwide to use the “Art of Prosperity” to grow their businesses and their wealth.
Ellen serves on the Board of Directors for Metropolitan Capital Bank and Trust and The Ghana Scholarship Fund. She earned her MBA at NYU Stern School of Business.