While curiosity may have killed the cat, it didn’t hurt this advisor!
How about you? Have you developed a strong Curiosity Muscle? Do you exercise it often as you endeavor to bring more ideal clients into your business?
Curiosity will serve you well in this business:
- You will meet new people.
- You will serve your clients better by knowing more about them.
- You will learn about other’s in your clients’ lives who could be candidates for your important work.
Today’s featured guest, Chris Ridgway, has attained rapid success in this business through personal observation, curiosity, and a strong belief in his value.
In this episode, Referral Coach Bill Cates interviews Chris Ridgway, Growth and Development Director & Financial Advisor with Northwestern Mutual. They explore the power of curiosity in the financial advisory industry, emphasizing the importance of being genuinely interested in people and their stories. Additionally, Chris shares his unique approach to client acquisition through observation and connection, finding common interests, and aligning values.
Bill and Chris discuss:
- Curiosity as a valuable trait for financial advisors.
- How Chris implements personal observation in daily interactions.
- How to obtain the contact information of prospects, and the reason for follow-up after a conversation.
- Chris’ unique “Pillar of the Community” approach to meeting CEOs and other high-level prospects.
- How laying out your entire process and philosophy to Centers of Influence can help build trust and referability while creating productive COI relationships.
- The power of nesting in a company to turbo-charge prospecting opportunities.
- …And more!
- Ep. #23 – Defining a Target Market Strategy That Brings More Perceived & Real Value with Don Hilario
- Ep. #27 – The Exponential Power of an Effective Financial Advisor Website + Podcast + Target Market with Jeremy Keil, CFP®, CFA, CIMA®
- Ep. #39 – 3 Strategies that Built a Multi-Million Dollar Firm with Todd Gillingham, JD, CFP®, ChFC, CLU
- RapidFire Referrals
Connect With Bill Cates:
- Referral Coach Homepage
- Hire Bill for Coaching
- Enroll in The Cates Academy™
Connect With Chris Ridgway:
About Chris Ridgway:
Chris Ridgway is the Growth and Development Director & Financial Advisor at Northwestern Mutual.
Chris believes the starting point of any financial conversation should be with you — your life, your family, your priorities, and your goals. He will listen to what’s important to you and design a financial plan from multiple strategies specifically designed to help get you where you want to be.
Chris is committed to helping you get closer to your dreams. When you partner with him, you can expect a judgment-free, pressure-free environment with conversations that will be jargon-free. Chris strives to provide you with the best experience possible