Have you ever wondered if the hosts of financial advisor podcasts actually get new clients from it? Is all the effort worth it?
And, by the way, do many of your prospects and clients seem to have limiting beliefs and mistaken assumptions about money?
In this episode, Referral Coach Bill Cates and his guest Misty Lynch, CFP®, author of the book Demystifying Money and host of the Demystifying Money Podcast have a lively discussion on these two (and other) topics.
Misty shares her journey from a financially struggling family to becoming a top financial advisor, highlighting the power of a positive money mindset.
She explains how her unique blend of financial planning and life coaching helps clients overcome financial challenges and make informed decisions.
Additionally, Misty discusses the power of financial advisor podcasts, and reveals how podcasting has helped her acquire more ideal clients and bring great value to many listeners.
Bill and Misty discuss:
- Her personal story of how her interest in finance started in grade school and was solidified by her parents’ financial struggles.
- Her decision to marry become both a Certified Financial Planner AND a Certified Life Coach.
- Why she wrote her book Demystifying Money and how it serves as a credibility builder, lead magnet, and referral tool.
- How she went from hosting a Radio Show to her current podcast, and how it helps her attract ideal new clients.
- The two effective strategies to monetize financial advisor podcasts.
- Her experience as the host of the television show HeartBroke, a money-makeover show with ten different couples – revealing their money mindsets and improving their financial situation.
- …And more!
- RapidFire Referrals
- Demystifying Money (Book) by Misty Lynch
- Demystifying Money Podcast with Misty Lynch
- Ep. #2: The Benefits of Narrow Target Markets for Financial Advisors with Adam Cmejla CFP®
- Ep. #9 – Attract More Ideal Clients Using Reputation Marketing with Malcolm Ethridge CFP®, CRPC®
- Ep. #23- Defining a Target Market Strategy That Brings More Perceived & Real Value with Don Hilario
- Ep. #27 – The Exponential Power of an Effective Financial Advisor Website + Podcast + Target Market with Jeremy Keil, CFP®, CFA, CIMA®
Connect With Bill Cates:
- Referral Coach Homepage
- Hire Bill for Coaching
- Enroll in The Cates Academy™
Connect With Misty Lynch:
About Misty Lynch:
Misty Lynch, CFP®, is a personal finance expert and the Owner and CEO of Sound View Financial Advisors, LLC. Misty hosts the unscripted reality show HEARTBROKE and the Demystifying Money podcast. She is also the author of DEMYSTIFYING MONEY and a personal finance expert and resource for media outlets, including The New York Times, Cosmopolitan, CNBC, CNN, Investopedia, Real Simple, Student Loan Hero, and many others.
Investopedia named her one of the Top 100 Financial Advisors in 2021, and US News and World Report called her one of the 9 Women in Finance to Follow “because sometimes you need life advice, not just financial advice.”